Delicious Venison Steak Recipes!
This is such a simple recipe that is actually easier to demonstrate than describe in words. A delicious dish that will have you cooking this regularly!
What you need:
- A large frying pan for the vegetables
- Cooking tongs to turn the vegetables
- 600-800g (1 1/4 – 1 3/4lb) venison steak, thick cut
- 85g (3oz) smoked streaky bacon, cut into pieces
- 2 large thick and peeled carrots
- 2 slim leeks
- 2 courgettes
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- 1 tablesppon of finely chopped or sliced fresh ginger
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon or lime
- Juice of 1 lemon or lime
- A handful of chopped coriander or parsley
- First, gently fry the bacon until it is golden brown, then reserve and keep it warm
- Next, cut the leeks in 15cm (6in) lengths, discarding the outer and top leaves. CuRemove the root and slice it in 4 lengthways to create fine strips as instead of rings. Wash thoroughly and pat dry
- Get your carrots and a potato peeler and slice off thin ribbons lengthways. As you slice, rotate the carrot to create as long a strip as you can
- Repeat exactly the same procedure with your courgettes as you did with the carrots
- Sweat your leeks, garlic and ginger in oil oat a low heat, whilst turning gently with your tongs until they are soft.
- Continue to cook gently and then add the carrot slices, turning them carefully with the tongs until they are soft.
- Add in the courgette and the lime zest and cook for a further minute until the courgette becomes translucent. (be careful not to overcook or the ribbons will start to break up)
- Stir in the lemon /lime juice and keep warm
- Cook your venison steak rare to medium- see here for instructions
To serve this dish put the vegetables and their juices into a large, warm dish or serve up onto plates. Get your venison steak and thinly slice and pile on top of the vegetables. Finally sprinkle the bacon and the parlse / coriander on top and voila! Finally sit down, eat and enjoy!
Get in touch today to find out more
If this has got your taste buds tingling and you would like to know more then get in touch with us today. Here at Stagison we produce high quality farmed Venison in Scotland and supply Venison in our online Venison Shop.. To contact us, you can call 01337 830237 or email us here. We look forward to hearing from you. We would also love to hear of any great venison recipes you can share with us!
*From The Venison Bible by Nichola Fletcher